KHS’ Girls Varsity Basketball is Having a Successful Season

KHS Girls Varsity Basketball is Having a Successful Season

Photo credits to John Stevens, who retains full photo rights. Contact him at [email protected]. On his website, jss6395.homeserver.com, photos are free for personal use. Click on the thumbnail photo for full sized images.

Aaron Thomas, Sports Writer

The girl’s varsity basketball team has begun their season to success, with an outstanding record of 3-0. They opened with a home game against Cox High School, which really showcased what the team could really do. Under the leadership of Coach Moore, the lady chiefs are looking at a great season.

Zoe Knight, forward, said of their last game that they’ve had “Good team win[s]” and will “really be making noise this year – watch out!”

Their latest victory was against Landstown High School on December 4th. They scored 18 points through Malia McCoy, guard, and 16 points from Cate Carlson, forward, and along with 15 rebounds from Taji Perkins, the lady chiefs upset the #7 ranked girls team in the district with a final score of Kempsville 57, Landstown 40. They turned heads with an upset victory. With a strong backcourt of Perkins and McCoy and the supporting cast Carlson, the Chiefs have proven to be a strong team and something to fear.

Tickets are $3 and their next game with be Monday, December 10th, at 5;45 PM at Hickory High School.

Photo credits to John Stevens, who retains full photo rights. Contact him at [email protected]