The student newspaper of Kempsville High School

The Treaty

The Treaty

The Treaty

Fortnite is beyond successful and will continue to be

Fortnite bringing back the origional map might have been the best decision they could have made
Fortnite
Fortnite
Fortnite

Fortnite set an insane record for themselves, with 44.7 million players playing the game in just the first day that the original map returned to the game. 

In 2018, when the game first released it was one of the most popular games that was available. After about three years, slowly, like many other video games, it died. It didn’t exactly get boring, the game began to get less popular because of how competitive it started to get, and players couldn’t keep up.

Most people who played the game to talk to their friends and have a little bit of fun stopped playing a little while ago. Professional players seem to make the game unfun and unenjoyable. If you and your friends are running around just trying to win a game and have some fun, and you start fighting somebody who is considered a professional, it probably won’t end up fun. People are so good at the game that they just built huge towers and it’s hard to comprehend what is happening when you aren’t invested in the game like they are.

A junior at KHS, Ryan Raymo, says that he hates when he’s just trying to have some fun with friends and ends up getting eliminated by “someone who just doesn’t belong in the same game” as him.

Lots of the really good players know everything about the game, they know where loot, chests, vending machines, vehicles, and other key parts of the game spawn. It started to just feel too competitive and like it wasn’t even a game anymore.

Cody Williams, a Fortnite fanatic and a freshman here at Kempsville, says that the game died only because it became a game that was “nothing like how it was back when it first came out.”

Epic Games, the creators of Fortnite, decided to answer the prayers of many players around the world and re-release the ‘OG’ map for players to be able to finally experience the nostalgia and satisfaction that they’ve been begging for.

Nolan Sutryk, a sophomore at Kempsville, has been playing Fortnite since it was originally released in 2017. Nolan states that he loves to get on Fortnite with a couple of his friends and enjoys “bringing back old memories and making new ones.”

Fortnite has finally resparked their game and brought back so many players, both old and new. The game has been so successful recently and it seems like they should continue for at least another couple of months.

“All of my friends are back playing which means we stay up late having lots of fun,” says Ryan Raymo, a junior at Kempsville. Ryan and his friends, as well as almost everyone else, are having a great time with the new update. Fortnite has made history.

Although it is soon to end, Epic Games has been at an all-time success rate after this update. Fortnite resparked all of their player base and was beyond successful by bringing the original map back. Players have been very happy and have had lots of good things to say about the game, and I’m sure it will continue to be hot in the gaming community.