What You Need to Know About Voting on Super Tuesday

Sydney Haulenbeek, Editor in Chief

Tuesday, March 3, is Super Tuesday, and Virginia’s Democratic presidential primary voting day. Students who will be 18 in time for the general election in November and who registered to vote in the primaries before the February 10 deadline will be able to go to the polling location assigned to them and vote. If you’re not sure if you are registered, you can check here. You will also be able to view your polling place through this link.   

Because Virginia residents do not register by party, any registered Virginia voter can vote in the Democratic presidential primaries. 

Polling locations will be open from 6 am to 7 pm tomorrow [March 3]. Anyone that is in line at a polling station by 7 pm will be allowed to vote. You don’t need to bring proof of your voter registration but you will need to bring a valid photo ID, like a driver’s license or school ID. If you don’t have an ID, you can find the nearest voter registration office here where you can be issued a free voter’s ID, even on Election Day. If you arrive without a photo ID, you will receive a provisional ballot, or a ballot that will be counted if your eligibility to vote can be determined. 

The presidential election will be Tuesday, November 3. The last day to register is October 13, 2020. You can register for the election here.