Tara Jones

Sophomore Class 2020-21 Candidates

October 19, 2020

A Side-By-Side Comparison

Lucia Morton (Sophomore Class Presidential Candidate)

Morton is involved in DECA, Future Business Leaders of America, SCA, varsity girls volleyball, track, and junior varsity softball, and volunteer organizations such as  Food Rescue, ODSLW, and Planting Shade. She enjoys adventures and the outdoors, as well as visual arts, gaming, and thrifting.

On her campaign page, Morton put emphasis on fundraising for the Sophomore Class to “ensure that we’re rolling in bank by senior year”.

Morton plans on making her mark on Kempsville High School and helping the class of ‘23 do the same with the help of the evolving student body committees.

Some of Morton’s planned events include online parties (gaming, shows, paint night), class merchandise and design competitions, give-aways and raffles, volunteer opportunities, and Drive-In Movie Night.

Find more information on this candidate here.

Esther Maisuwan (Sophomore Class Vice Presidential Candidate)

Esther Maisuwan, an Entrepreneurship and Business Academy student, is involved in Future Business Leaders of America and the Class of 2023 Committee.

According to her election speech, in the times of COVID-19, “connection and confidence in your student leadership is so important”.

Through Maisuwan’s previous experiences working behind the curtain, she has gained knowledge of responsibilities and commitment needed for class office. She is “excited to work with our representatives to make… ideas happen and to help rebuild connections within our entire class after so much time apart.”

Maisuwan finished her speech by asking sophomores to “share [their] thoughts and ideas and opinions so [she] can do everything in [her] power to make [our] sophomore year a great one, despite the circumstances. ”

Selena Vasquez (Sophomore Class Vice Presidential Candidate)

In Selena Vasquez’s election speech, she describes how the activities and sports she enjoys “have made [her] realize how being a leader affects and shapes others. Leading is being inclusive to everyone, including their ideas”.

Some of those activities include the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, SCA, Interact Club, and sideline cheer.

Vasquez intends to “give back to the community by fundraising and volunteering as a class. I am committed to making sure everyone is included and feels a part of the class of 2023.”

Her goals include hosting more class events, raising funds for prom, and prioritizing inclusivity within Sophomore Class.

“We all need to be here for eachother during these uncertain times; that’s why we’ll host more virtual events,” said Vasquez.

At the candidate meet and greet, Vasquez said, “I will  make sure everyone’s voices are heard and that everyone feels included in our graduating class”.

Summer Boaze (Sophomore Class Secretary Candidate)

Summer Boaze is involved in DECA and Future Business Leaders of America. In addition, she is a member of the Entrepreneurship and Business Academy.

“I feel like I would be a good fit for this role because I’m very organized and I’m very driven as well,” said Boaze in her election speech.

Boaze went on to talk about her belief in the role of secretary, stating “I will be taking all the notes of the meeting so nobody ever misses out on any of the information”.

Keara Covita (Sophomore Class Treasurer Candidate)

In her election speech, Keara Covita stated, “This quiet person has so much to offer and give to our school.”

She pointed out the duties of treasurer: “I’ll make sure our money is safe. I’ll make sure that every transaction is accounted for.”

One of her main goals is to hold school fundraisers. Additionally, Covita described the traits that would help her to serve the student body as Sophomore Class Treasurer.

“I am accountable, dependable, reliable, and trustworthy”.

A Side-By-Side Comparison

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Kaiya Thomas-Bly (Sophomore Class Vice Presidential Candidate)

In Kaiya Thomas-Bly’s campaign speech, she opened with an optimistic view for the class of 2023: “We still have three years to go and we can make our high school experience awesome with the right plan and leadership.”

She intends “to be all inclusive and make sure everybody’s voice is heard… I plan to be the bridge between the student body and the administration”.

“I believe my experience in leadership roles and my dedication to success will help my peers, my school, and myself to not only push the bar of success, but foster the support needed to do so,” Thomas-Bly stated.

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Joseph Custodio (Sophomore Class Treasurer Candidate)

The Treaty • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in