Senior Class 2020-21 Candidates

Senior Class 2020-21 Candidates

October 19, 2020

A Side-By-Side Comparison

Sara Campbell (Senior Class Presidential Candidate)

Sarah Campbell is active in National Business Honor Society, National Honor Society, DECA, Future Business Leaders of America, and volleyball. She’s also a member of the Entrepreneurship and Business Academy. Last year, she served as Junior Class President.

During her time in Junior Class, Campbell created and sold homecoming T-shirts. She also participated in Boo Bash, Bonfire, and homecoming events.

If elected, Campbell will prioritize ensuring that seniors have a graduation ceremony this year. On her election profile, she discusses the leadership skills she acquired from working within Junior Class.

Find more information on this candidate here.

Ben Bausas (Senior Class Vice Presidential Candidate)

Ben Bausas participates in National Honor Society, DECA, and varsity baseball. He is also a member of the Entrepreneurship and Business Academy. Fresh off his term as Junior Class Treasurer, he intends to continue contributing to class activities.

On his election profile, Bausas detailed his experience working with other officers to improve the student body. He also emphasized the importance of making this a memorable year for seniors. If elected, Bausas stated he would listen to the opinions of other seniors.

Text Gap

Ava Swirzinski (Senior Class Secretary Candidate)

Ava Swirzinski, a member of the Entrepreneurship and Business Academy, is involved in the varsity sideline cheer team, competitive cheer team, and gymnastics team. Outside of physical activities, she participates in DECA, Future Business Leaders of America, National Honor Society, and National Business Honor Society.

Last year, Swirzinski served as Junior Class Secretary. Notably, she helped create homecoming T-shirts and managed the class of 2021 social media platforms.

On her election profile, Swirzinski mentioned her positive regard toward student opinions and even suggested hearing ideas over Zoom calls.

Text Gap

Jacob Jones (Senior Class Treasurer Candidate)

Jacob Jones participates in the indoor track team and tennis team. For the past two years, he was active in SCA and played for the football team for the entirety of his high school career.

At the candidate meet and greet, Jones expressed his goal to prioritize fundraising for the class of 2021. Furthermore, he wants to raise enough funds to lower the price of prom tickets. Jones suggested that admission to prom should be cheaper for those who can’t afford to go.

A Side-By-Side Comparison

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Text Gap

Saniyya Giddens (Senior Class Vice Presidential Candidate)

Saniyya Giddens, a member of the Entrepreneurship and Business Academy, actively participates in DECA and varsity cheer. She also worked on the Leadership Workshop staff in the past.

Giddens co-created an environmentally friendly business that progressed past the standard one-year program within the Entrepreneurship and Business Academy. According to her election profile, she values the voices of other seniors and is open to new ideas.

“I will gladly listen to your thoughts and try my best to make it happen,” said Giddens on her election profile.

Imani Williams (Senior Class Secretary Candidate)

Imani Williams is active in indoor and outdoor track, Operation Smile, and taekwondo. Additionally, she served as Spanish Honor Society Vice President. Williams is also a member of the Entrepreneurship and Business Academy.

In her election speech, she prioritized the voices of other seniors.

“I can communicate with you all to make sure that all voices are being heard,” said Williams. “We can come together as a whole and embrace change among our school.”

On her election profile, Williams emphasized her skills in multitasking and planning.

“If I were to be elected, I promise to never forget who put me here,” said Williams.

Sydney Strawbridge (Senior Class Treasurer Candidate)

Sydney Strawbridge participates in DECA, HOSA, National Honor Society, Math Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, and Future Business Leaders of America. She is also active in sports such as varsity volleyball and varsity girls swimming.

Strawbridge worked with Dr. Spence on school improvement after being one of three chosen to represent the Student Advisory Council. Furthermore, she’s an acting representative on the Operation Smile Regional Leadership Council.

In her election speech, Strawbridge highlighted her background with the Math Honor Society and her above average academic standing in math classes.

The Treaty • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in